With the IPL 2020 starting and the cricketers returning to the field after a huge hiatus, the fans have been enjoying a lot of action. This has also given a boost to the fantasy cricket industry as matches have resumed after a long time. In fact, the title sponsor of IPL 2020 is Dream 11, a fantasy cricket player app.
This has also further popularized the concept of Fantasy cricket. It is an innovative model in which you select your own team of 11 players ahead of a real-life match. Then, if those players perform well in the real-life match, you earn points. The player with the highest points wins.
While the above concept is mostly known to people, many people don’t know a lot of things about Fantasy cricket.
Here’s a list of 5 such things you should know while playing fantasy IPL cricket.
- Captain & Vice-Captain earn you more points: When you choose your team, you also have to choose a team captain and vice captain. Most fantasy cricket players ignore this fact and choose any random player for these positions. But because they earn around 2 or 1.5 times more points than regular players, they must be chosen wisely. It’s best to choose all-rounders playing in that particular IPL cricket match as captain and vice-captain as they would fetch you points by both bowling and batting.
2. Fantasy IPL Cricket online is a game of strategy: Most people when they hear about fantasy cricket think that it is a gamble or a game of luck. However, this is far from the truth. It is actually a game of understanding. The fantasy cricket player’s cricket knowledge is what takes him ahead. Researching and learning more about the game helps in making the right choice. Hence, by playing fantasy cricket, you can increase your knowledge about the IPL cricket match.
3. The top bowlers: Many of the players focus more on batsman rather than on the cricket bowlers and this is a terrible practice to do. However, before choosing the bowlers, the pitch and weather conditions must be checked because these affect the bowler’s bowling style. For example, if the pitch is on the slower side, then fast bowlers won’t do much good.
4. The IPL Team’s foundation is important: It is true that we make our team comprising players from both the teams that play the real game, more players should be from the stronger team. This is because players of a strong team are likely to produce better results in the IPL match 2020.
5. Selecting top-order batsman: It is best to choose top-order batsman in your team because it is confirmed that they would definitely get to play. It is also likely that they would get to play most of the deliveries. The key to making good points in the fantasy cricket IPL game is to keep all the relevant points in mind and in implementing them when needed. The above 5 points will also help you in choosing the players. In this IPL season, fantasy cricket is one of the best ways to make a few extra bucks.